Due to the COVID 19 crisis, the artist community has been shaken in an unprecedented way. For this reason, this year’s Scuola Giovanni Grasso has been moved to a series of free online workshops and roundtables to provide help and advice to our community of students, professionals, and emerging artists.
The school also offers free online weekly Italian conversation classes for all performers and performing arts students, every Thursday from 10 to 11:30 AM (EDT).
To enroll in our free workshops and conversation classes, send us an email at email@example.com.
Performing Arts in Times of Crisis
Monday, May 25, 2 PM EDT
COVID19 radically changed the panorama of performing arts in the next few years. What are the new challenges and opportunities that young artists will encounter in the near future?
John Mac Master (Tenor)
Valerio Vittorio Garaffa (Actor, Director)
Chiara Cimmino (Actress, Director)
Giancarlo Scalia (Pianist, Composer)
Rose Naggar-Tremblay (Mezzo-Soprano, Author)
Marco Piana (Academic, Administrator)
RSVP via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to our free services, our faculty also offers a range of online courses:
- Beginners Italian Intensive
- Beginners Italian Diction
- Intermediate Italian
- Intermediate Italian Intensive
- Intermediate Italian Diction
- Intermediate Italian Conversation
- Advanced Italian
- Advanced Italian Diction
- Advanced Italian Conversation
- Aria & Character Analysis
- Beginners Composition
- Intermediate Composition
- Beginner Musicianship
- Advanced Musicianship
For info and rates, contact us via email at email@example.com.
Scuola Internazionale di Teatro Italiano “Giovanni Grasso”
Scuola Internazionale di Teatro Italiano “Giovanni Grasso” is the only school of Italian language and performance in North America.
We offer a wide range of advanced classes designed exclusively to improve the performance of singers from every point of view.
Our courses include:
– Voice masterclasses
– One-on-one voice coachings
– Beginners & Advanced Italian, to master Italian language in all its nuances
– Performative Diction for Singers: a new approach to Italian diction, aimed at developing pronunciation and voice flow to its maximum capability
– Relationship Acting Method: an acting method created exclusively for Opera singers to increase their stage presence and discover their star power
“C’est vraiment un endroit différents des autres programme d’été. Il est vraiment conçu pour le développement personnel de l’individu.
Ça consiste en quoi?
– Beaucoup, beaucoup de jeu, théâtre, exploration, présence scénique. J’y a ai appris des outils que je garderai toute ma vie, que j’utilise presque chaque jour.
– Des cours d’italien, des cours de diction italienne.
– Des masterclass.
– Des workshop sur différents aspect de la carrière
– Des coaching privés
– Une performance final, avec mise en scène où tout le monde a l’occasion de chanter!
– Une ambiance de groupe vraiment le fun!”
“A wonderful choice of voice teachers who are very different in style and approach – which allowed more perspectives. I learned a lot about the meaning of dexterity in theatre and about how it is possible to portray so much emotion and meaning through physicality and intent. Italian diction classes improved my knowledge of proper pronunciation tremendously!! I come from a well-informed background in acting and still managed to gain a lot of new exciting knowledge I can’t wait to incorporate into my own work.“
“I have sung close to 20 operatic roles and worked with many stage directors in the past. Based on this, I feel confident to say that I consider Scuola Giovanni Grasso approach to character building, staging and acting is remarkable, deeply gratifying, and rare to find. You discover the power and freedom that arrives from internalizing and channeling the emotions, text and music. Hence, even the slightest action has a profound motivation. Nothing feels gratuitous or out of place. This renders the acting fluid, organic and at the same time with depth and meaning. I really enjoy working with them and completely agree with their vision of what performing means and requires.”
“Absolutely fenomenal vocal coachings.”
“Scuola Giovanni Grasso in Montreal was a revealing and relevant experience in my Opera singer journey. The exercises have definitely taken me out of my comfort zone and brought to think of my characters in a more complete way.”
From May 25 to June 19, 2020 the International School for Italian Theatre “Giovanni Grasso” and the Italian Institute of Culture will hold a Summer Workshop in Acting, lyrical singing and Italian language addressed to 10-15 selected students.
The International School of Italian Theatre can count on a faculty composed of actors, directors and teachers of international experience. Courses offered: acting, improvisation, character analysis and interpretation, lyrical singing, Italian diction, language and culture.